Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A scare...

The baby hadn't moved all morning, and I couldn't get it to move, which is weird. This baby is in CONSTANT motion. When it sleeps it still moves around just not as much, so when it had been a few hours and I couldn't get it to move, I got scared. I tried eating, showering and drinking cold water, and nothing. Usually you can poke the baby and it will kick back or move, but nothing was happening. I called my doctor's office and they told me to head to the hospital.
We got there, and I thought I had felt a small kick on the way there, but I wasn't sure. We got in and they hooked me up right away to the fetal monitor. Within a second, I kid you not, of her strapping that to my belly, the baby kicked it off. It HATES when anything is resting on my stomach. I had tried to put my hands on my stomach and get it to move earlier, and it wouldn't, but this was a HUGE relief. I just needed to feel it and hear it and I got to. So they monitored me for 20 minutes and they said the baby was perfect and the heartbeat was just fine. They said I was having practice contractions like I should be and all was okay.

My doctor came in and we talked about inducing me to get the baby elephant out. She said the CHR (Calgary Health Region) is starting to implement a new policy which would mean you have to wait until you are 11 days over before they will induce you; it was 8 before. She said the reason is because you have a much higher risk of a C-Section when you are induced and they would rather us do this naturally. I agree, BUT since I am at such a high risk of a C-Section because of the size of the baby, I don't really think I should have to wait any longer. Of course, I didn't go to med school, so what I think doesn't really count. The good news is the baby is okay and I am surviving.

I don't want to be the pregnant lady that cries baby all the time, but I would rather be safe than sorry.We will keep you updated.

6 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Paige said...

I am so glad everything is ok and I can't imagine how scared you must have been....have your blog hits gone up? I am sure we are all checking in on you several times throughout the day!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Good luck!!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

oh man... i thought that you would of popped by now lol... I feel so bad for ya!!! But, I am glad things went well at the hospital and the doc is talking inducing now... good luck!

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Oh how friggen scary. That happened the night before i was going in for my induction. Took over an hour to get her to move and that was after I woke up so who knows how still she was before that.

Thank God peanut is still going strong and "growing". OOOO< i so hope baby decides to come out soon for you.

We need a new pic! Take care.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Anita said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my thread.

I am glad your scare wasn't anything serious especially so far in your pregnancy, I hope that soon you won't feel like you look like an elephant( you don't you look like a beautiful pregnant mom) and that you can hold your little on in your arms soom..
Best of luck and I will keep checking on news and pictures.

Take care.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

The pregnant lady that cries baby! Haha, I love it! I had Liam on my 7th yes 7th trip to L&D! Crazy! Hang in there! I looked much luck you and gained 72 pounds of belly and Liam ended up being 8 lbs 13.6 ounces and 22 inches. No c-section needed but I tore from one end to the other. Liam was born 2 days past my due date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home