Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

How far along AM I?

Well, according to my measurements and ultrasounds all along, I'm 33 weeks. According to the doctor yesterday, I am measuring 36 weeks. Um...YIKES! I know this could mean nothing, but it could mean everything LOL. I am SO tired, and why does EVERYTHING hurt? I can hardly walk because of the nether regions of my body aching. Sometimes I feel like this baby is going to drop right out!

We had our first prenatal class last night -- we are apparently quite late on the draw for getting into the class, most of the women were due in June, and some in late June -- oops! The class runs for six weeks, so five weeks left, and according to my original due date I only have seven weeks left, and according to the doctor's estimated new time of arrival is four weeks. I have a feeling that we won't be finishing our prenatal classes.

I'm tired.
I'm very tired.

I am on a big job this week, but thank goodness it is really easy and big $$$, and I think this will kind of be the end of the majority of my work until after the baby is born. I will still try and do a little bit, but I think I will be working from home for pretty much the rest of it.

I'm still tired.

6 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I constanly measured 3-4 weeks further along than what I was. I was sure my daughter would be early, but she was induced at 5 days late.

This pregnancy is currently measuring 5 weeks further along than what I actually am.

I say go with the ultrasound, it's more reliable than a doctor. Now let's hope my doctor never finds out I said that.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I measured a little ahead around midway but now i am actually measuring smaller. I had about 4 early ultrasounds confirming my due date of the 10th.

Hopefully all is well and doesn't mean much. (maybe just a good size baby) I hope the tiredness lets up for you, there is nothing worse than that feeling of having to drag yourself around, that's the way i feel today. :( Take care.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Devynn said...

Thanks, girls!

As for the tiredness...I'm ready to be done work and just put my feet up one of these days...hopefully that actually happens!

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the other girls said, the measurement your doctor does doesn't mean anything as far as when the baby will come. I always measured three weeks SMALLER than actually was and guess who appeared three weeks early.... so if the doctor actually went by the measurements, he would have been six weeks early which he definitely wasn't.

The baby might be sitting very frontal which would give a bigger reading. You might have a big baby in there, you might just have lots of *weight* gain in the tummy or lots of water gain too. I'd put money on seven more weeks to go.

How much time off are you planning on taking from work? That will be nice to stay home and relax. I love being able to stay home and go out and about and meet friends with kids during the day. It's a blessing to be able to stay home with them.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only tell you this so you don't get your hopes up too much like I did. Your baby may come early...
I remember just 3 months ago I was looking for any sign to signal this baby is coming early. I would get my hopes up and then be disappointed. I walked around for 3 weeks at 4 cm dilated, false labor like crazy and the doctor telling me I was measuring 2-3 weeks early. I kept thinking and the doctor kept thinking "this baby is coming." BUT He didn't actually come until I was induced. My baby just wanted to keep happily floating around in all my amniotic fluid since I had a TON of it. His head never engaged at all until the doctor broke my water. I think that all the signs can be there, but the kids won't actually come until he says he's ready or until we "force" him out. Just get lots of rest and one day out of the blue he/she will be here!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hmmm - I don't ever remember taking a prenatal class and somehow we did just fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home