Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Penguins and ultrasounds

Well, I'm feeling much better than I was this time last week. The nausea lasted until Saturday, but I feel MUCH better.

On the baby front, I am a penguin. Waddle, waddle, waddle. You get the idea. Brian just laughs as I waddle around the house. When my back is REALLY sore, which is often, it is worse, and he just sits on the couch and laughs at me -- ha...ha...Speaking of my back being sore -- what the heck! Sometimes, if I have been laying, standing or sitting in the same position for longer than about 15 minutes it feels like my lowest vertebrae seize up.

I had an ultrasound last Friday because the doctor wanted to make sure everything was okay and get some measurements. So there I am laying flat on my back on the ultrasound table and then I have to get up off the table to go to the bathroom and then come back for another test. Much easier said than done. You see...my back was frozen. There I am, as big as a whale, trying to turn to my side and maybe get off the table, and the ultrasound tech (nicest lady ever!!!) is wondering what the heck is going on. Finally I manage to get on my side and I turn my lower body in such a way that produces an audible CRRRRACCK in my lower back. She says "Is that normal?" I said, "Normal is not a word in my vocabulary at the moment; I'm just taking whatever my body gives me and trying to function." So after my back cracked I was okay to waddle to the bathroom. Then I had to come back and lie on the table again and have another test done. Then I had to get up again to go home -- same thing again, wait for the CRRRACCK and I'm fine.

Okay, so a little more about the ultrasound -- we have the CUTEST baby ever!!!!! It was sucking all of its fingers on one hand. You could see the sucking motion in the ultrasound -- SO CUTE! She said the baby is head down and she would be surprised if it didn't stay that way.

Anyway, I'm in SERIOUS nesting mode. Must nest...blog later...

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Oh i hear ya on the waddling. It was embarassing how much i waddled today in the store. It has to come to an end soon. lol.

Glad all went well with your ultrasound. I can never get enough of seeing the baby. Take care.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger AnnaBana said...

OUCH! Sounds painful, back pains are the worst kind of pain.

So waddling...I don't waddle yet, unless I'm speed-walking on the treadmill at the gym. I just feel so awkward, and it's the only way to keep my pace up. I guess I should prepare for it to only get worse. But don't feel self conscious about it, I think a pregnant waddle is adorable! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home