Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The thoughts of a mommy-to-be -- the countdown is on!

I have never been so tired in my life! Okay, well, except for the first trimester where I slept more than I was awake! I am just super tired. In fact, I had a half-an-hour nap today and it was heaven.

I also can't believe how carrying around a baby can be so much work, and this one isn't even out of me yet! I just find that walking around the grocery store is getting to be a hassle. I think it is funny when I try to get out of a chair or off the couch that I have to get a rocking motion going before I can get out!

Regardless of all of that -- I LOVE BEING PREGNANT! It is amazing to know that we created life and I'm carrying this beautiful little one inside of me. I love the kicks. I love to feel when it wakes up and kind of stretches and I can feel it on both sides of my stomach. I love feeling the baby hiccup. I love the ultrasound pictures.

But...

I'm starting to get a little scared. I'm good at this mommy thing while the baby is inside of me...how will I be when it is out? I am scared that I won't have that maternal instinct. I am scared that I won't find time for my husband. I am scared that time will fly so quickly that I won't remember those early morning hours with my baby and me, just us.

But...

I know that my mom was the best example I could have asked for and I will try to follow in her footsteps. I know that I have my mom, sisters and sister-in-laws and a mother-in-law to help me get through some of the baby stuff I don't know. I know that my husband is patient and loving and will be there when I'm at my witt's end. I know that I can make it through this one minute at a time, one hour at a time and one day at a time. I know I am strong.

But...

I'm still a little scared....

7 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

You'll do fine with baby. Your instincts will kick in and sounds like you have a great hubby. In no time you'll have your little baby. :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Devynn said...

Awwwwwww....thanks, girls! I love blogging because you do "meet" other people and moms like you! I love reading both of your blogs -- thank you so much! I appreciate the words of encouragement!!!!!!

Keep up the blogging!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Sure you can add me :) Do you mind if i put your's on mine? Take care.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Devynn said...

Emmakirst, of course you can add me!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Devynn, You're so cute!

I was a basket case of nerves when I had my babies and I have days now with this one coming where I'm scared about it but I know now that emmakirst is right. Your instincts kick in and everything works perfectly.

Besides, you've got me! So, don't worry!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Devynn said...

Jen,

You are right! I have you and other girlfriends to call when I'm freaking out!

I am sure my instincts will kick in, I just hope they do it on time! LOL :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I think all your concerns are completely normal, becaues I've been having the same thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home