Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm lovin' it.

Well, here is the scoop! Last year we spent Christmas in Miami/West Palm Beach with Brian's family. While we were there Brian's cousins were all there and there is one cousin there whose father-in-law owns some McDonalds and he works there. Well, to make a long story short, a couple months ago Brian asked if there were any openings in their organization for Brian to work in a management position with the final goal being owning our own restaurant. His cousin jumped on it and said, there is. So, we just spent a week there so Brian could see if this is really what he wants to do.

For those that don't know, we looked into buying my brother's restaurant last year, but it just wasn't going to work out. We have always talked about owning our own franchise restaurant, but it wasn't looking likely. This is a great way for Brian to get training in the McDonald's biz and for us to have time to save money. He will be making more money starting than we are making here, and he will move up more quickly than he would at the bank where he is now.

While this takes us far away from my family, it is a GREAT opportunity for us. Brian can work his way up the organization and we will scrimp and save so we can buy our own restaurant. It is a BIG change, but we are so excited. My family isn't so excited. I talked to my sister who has lived away from our family since she was married in the early '90s and she said while it is really hard, if you decide that you are going to like it, then you will. If you decide to hate it, then you will. Of course it is about the mindset, but I know it is going to be hard.

Brian and I have made a lot of great friends here. We really like the area and are going to miss our friends. Brian has a LOT of family in West Palm Beach, which is going to be great, but it still isnt my family. I really connected with some of the girls down there while we were there last week, so I'm confident I'll have some great girlfriends down there.

Anyway, that's what is going on. I may be totally insane for moving, but I know I would go totally insane playing the what-if game the rest of my life if I didn't do this.

4 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Well, I can't blame you. I LOVE that area. I'm very partial to any part of the South, but southern Florida is awesome.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

wow that is huge news... congrats...

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm partial to you staying here but at the same time I've moved away from family to better take care of the family I created and it's been a great blessing. I will miss you but I will be so proud of you for making a big decision like this for and Brian.

Besides, Harrison will look adorable in some Bermuda shorts!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, looking out the window at teh snow here and the 13 degree weather, I say GO FOR IT! Hit the beach!!!

Congrats to H for the crawling skills!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home