Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

My little man...

So as I was feeding you this morning I got to thinking about a lot of things.

One day you will be able to hold your head up and look around to see the world. I hope that you continue to hold your head up as a boy to investigate the world around you. I hope as a man you will hold your head up high and be proud of the man you have become.

One day you will be able to walk. I hope that as a boy you walk with those kids that others won't walk with. I hope as a man you walk slowly with your son as he learns to walk and run with him as he learns to run.

One day you will be able to talk. I hope as a boy you find your voice and aren't afraid to speak up for what you know is right. I hope as a man you continue to speak truth and use your voice to uplift people.

One day you will discover your hands. I hope as a boy you use your hands to discover the feel of dirt in your hands and the soft touch of a kitten's fur. I hope as a man you use your hands to help others in time of need. I hope you use those strong hands to hold your babies and remember how we all started in this world.

One day you will discover your ears. I hope as a boy you use your ears to hear your family tell you how much they love you. I hope as a man you use your ears to hear people and be a sounding board for them. I hope you use your ears to hear your baby's first cry.

One day you will discover your sight. I hope as a boy you use your eyes to see the new world around you. I hope as a man you use your eyes to see those in need and to see what they need.

Harrison, you are so little right now, it is sometimes hard to believe you will one day be a man. I hold you in my arms and marvel at the thought of you growing up. In the few weeks I have known you, I have had the chance to watch you grow already. I am so totally in love with you. I love to watch you sleep. I love to watch you when you are awake and kicking and playing. I love to watch your daddy with you. I love to watch his strong hands holding you. I love to watch him play with you. Harrison, you are so loved. It is hard to believe I can have this much love for you and I have only known you for a few weeks. We awaited your arrival impatiently and know that you are here, we can hardly believe it.

I am so excited to watch you grow. I am excited to watch you learn to crawl and walk and talk. I am excited to see you go through school and extracurricular activities. I am excited to see you one day marry and have kids of your own. I am excited to see the man you will one day be. Thank you for just being you.

Love,
Mom

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Awwww, how sweet! He's such a cutie :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Very touching. That made me tear up. And he's looking gorgeous.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Devynn said...

awwwww....thanks

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger betsy said...

That was beautiful! I love pictures of sleepy babies!!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Devynn this was really cute and I LOVED the stuff about he will grow from a boy to a man. You should publish that! It is WAY good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home