Baby Peanut 'n' Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sorry for the long time since I posted

Well, life here has been a lot of fun. I just love having Harrison around. He is starting to try and stand and see how strong he is. He can hold his head up and is quite controlled with it. He is really starting to look at me. After I feed him a lot of times he will just sit and look right at me -- not the googly eyes that wander.

I bathed him for the first time by myself today and we did just fine. Grandma bought him a bath tub and he didn't like it, so I just held him. Ha -- a squirmy 11 lb baby is kinda hard to hold. But he doesn't cry in his baths, he just has this look on his face like "Is this over yet? I feel kind of exposed, mom."

We went to the doctor today because he has lumps on his chest that I wanted to get looked at. The doctor said it is breast tissue and very normal. He said it should go away in the next few weeks, and we are going to see him in two weeks again. Harrison did so well in all of his tests that the doctor did. He is 11 pounds, 4 ounces now and 21 1/2 inches. He has grown out of his newborn diapers and pretty much out of the newborn sleepers. He is such a good baby. He eats pretty much on a schedule and sleeps through the night (please don't shoot me if your baby isn't sleeping through the night. I realize I am very lucky.)

In other news -- Jen had her baby!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

6 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Sounds like a great appointment!! That is awesome about him sleeping through the night... you are very lucky. We were pretty lucky in that department as well but I know so many sleepless moms out there...lol

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

What's sleep?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Wow, he's only a pound smaller than my 2 month old. hehe. But heck, he was pretty big to begin with. He's just too cute, we need more pics!
So glad that someone is getting sleep ;) hey you need it and it's great that he does it. You are so lucky. :)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I also feel very blessed to have a baby that sleeps through the night...it makes the days soooo much easier when you're able to get a good night's rest.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Aren't you lucky. Mine slept great as a newborn, but at 19 months is often waking up once a night. I hope your luck doesn't change! Glad to see he's doing so well.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger betsy said...

He is doing so good! Arent they slippery little suckers in the bath!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home